Our Grandpa/Great Grandpa Bud (you can see some previous posts in the archives) has gone through a lot this past 6 months with various surgeries, and being in and out of the hospital. It was very touching to see him when were there last month and think about what a patriarch he is for such a huge posterity.It is frustrating being in California and hearing about the horrible care he is receiving a la St. Marks hospital. It's hard enough on families when a loved one is sick, but when incompetence, bureaucracy and doctors that think they know it all only make the problem worse it really is inexcusable. It isn't just incompetence, but outright lack of morals, character, and selfishness. How some of these particular nurses, adminstrators, and doctors could be in such a personal, life affecting profession with such lack of concern for anyone but themselves is beyond me.
The details I get are sketchy and masked by individuals that are too nice to say what they really feel, but too tired from all of going back and forth and too frustrated from the incompetence shown by so called experts to hold their tongue.
While I know there are many care givers out there, that provide excellent care to those that they come in contact with, and I thank them for their hard work and dedication. But for those others that are incompetent, non-caring fools, they give an entire hospital a bad name. Maybe that is justified as they are allowed to still work there.
One thing is for sure, St. Marks Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah is one place you want to avoid at all costs if you need any sort of care.
My thoughts and prayers go out to my grandfather, and also to my grandmother who is constantly by his side. As well as to my Mom and Dad, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters and Cousins that are constantly running back and forth from their own responsibilities to make sure he is taken care of at all times.
And I guess I should keep those nurses, doctors and adminstrators in my thoughts and prayers as well. The thoughts won't be so nice...but the prayers will be sincere requests that they get a clue!
2 comments:
Jerry, hi this is TYLER COE. I feel so bad that the things going on with grandpa have left a poor taste in your mouth regarding st. marks hospital. But let's remember that we must continually look at the positive and special spiritual nature of all things which will in fact bring us one step closer to our savior. I was in fact in direct care with our grandfather and feel that my care was the best because that is all I provide. But there is one thing I always keep in mind. IF the lord needs our grandfather for better work for him then it does not matter what type of care he receives. It is good to hear from you and your concern. Love, TYLER
Thanks Ty - there is a time and season for everything, and I know who is really in control, but I don't suffer fools lightly and know that it is those fools, that add to our trials and tribulations along the way.
Post a Comment