With taking advantage of Hunting Season or UEA whichever you prefer, we took a day trip to the
Bates Nut Farm. It is a short drive and it got the kids out of the house as they are on their 3rd week of being off-track and are a bit stir crazy. For ~$8.00 the kids get to chose a Pumpkin, ride on a hayride, and go through the straw maze. Petting zoo and pony rides, lunch and snacks are extra.
It was a nice adventure with the kids having fun. The degree of enjoyment diminished with the age of the kids as I think it is much more suited for under 12 then over 12, but if you notice Ali is absent from any pictures as High School girls do not get off-track in October.
Full size pics are
available here.
Update: I noticed that the site I linked for the Bates Nut Farm is down because of too many hits. This reminded me that I forget to mention how surprised I was at how many people were there. Not that it was Disney crowded, but just surprised at how many people including some school fieldtrips were there for some out of the way nut farm.
2 comments:
I want to take the boys there! I love the pics!! Missed you on Sunday! I didn't see you!!
Alas - we were away for our anniversary. People are going to think I have gone inactive.
Post a Comment