While there I was able to see my father, and both Grandfathers.
Guy, the proud patriarch of our family, who raised six kids and now almost all, (with Baby Nic's on the way) have provided grandchildren. I think all turned out pretty good.
It was amazing to see the joy and happiness in Grandpa Slagle as we visited him in the hospital and the tears of joy of us just being there and visiting him caused. The words of 'I'm so proud of you', coming forth as he hugged each child.
It was amazing to see the posterity present at Grandpa Wilcox's 80th Birthday party on Saturday, and the advice he gave me, that we have all heard before, that 'all that really matters, is family and friends and the memories that you make'.
And I can't forget Terry's Dad, Tom Thielo who although wasn't with us this trip, was with us in spirit and would do anything and everything for our family, even take care of Sandy for the week we were gone.
I love, admire and respect these men and pay tribute to them on this Father's Day.
(Guy Wilcox, Jerry Wilcox, Jerhi Wilcox, TD Wilcox and Chase Wilcox, Granpa Slagle can be found a few posts below, singing...)
0 comments:
Post a Comment